Re: Instance won't start up after powerfail

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 17:39:00 +0000 (UTC)

In <4096cc22$0$32558$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> writes:

>Stan Brown wrote:

>> In <c75lsu$p5g$05$1_at_news.t-online.com> "Dorian Büttner" <dorian.buettner_at_gmx.de> writes:
>>

>>>is it data file 6
>>>or '/db_local3/oradata/pwhse/tables/trend.dbf'
>>>?
>>

>> For the record, that was it.
>>
>> Thanks to everyne!

>Also for the record, Richard's original advice was 100% correct for
>version 8.0 and upwards (file number alone is sufficient there).
>Clearly, version 7 (which, like me, he probably doesn't have a museum
>capable of running) was a bit different!

>Glad you got it sorted this time Stan without hassle! (PS... ever
>thought of buying a UPS??)

It's on a 75KVA industrial UPS, which has 2 feeds from 2 different buses, and it's powered by the 125VDC station bateries that control the switchgear in the same location.

But hardware cannot overcome incompetence in people. Putting the UPS in "bypass", and ifnoring the "UPS not in sync" alarm on the computer screen, and opening random breakers without authiriztion can overcome even the best hardware.

Srry, I'm stilll upset about this!

--
neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin