Re: OCP - Finish the 8i exams or startover on 9i track

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2004 02:17:07 -0700

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<4099592c$0$25012$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> Matt wrote:
>
> > Definately finish the 8i stuff first, then upgrade to 9i....
> >
> > Reason: You won't have to pay for an official Oracle training course
> > if you upgrade 8i to 9i...
> >
> > If you do the 9i track from scratch you must attend and pay for a 2000
> > pound course...
>
> Are you certain about that? I seem to recall that anyone wanting 9i
> certification upgrade *had* to attend the 9i new features course (which
> is actually worth the 2000 pounds, actually).
>
> It's been a while since I cared about certification one way or another,
> though, so it could just be my brain cells mis-firing.
>
> Regards
> HJR
Yeah, I contacted Oracle directly and got the official word that you dont need to pay for a course when upgrading...

However you are right, the courses are well worth the money, but its nice to be able to have the luxury of deciding whether you want to tkae them or not...

Cheers

Matt Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 04:17:07 CDT