COPY table with LOBs

From: Dave Bender <dbender_at_umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:29:06 -0500

How can I easily copy a table and its data from one user schema to another when the table contains one or more LOB columms?

I've tried the SQL*Plus "COPY" command and this works fine for all the other tables we need to copy. But if the table contains a LOB, I get this error:

    CPY0012: Object datatypes cannot be copied

I've searched high and low for anything about the specific error (CPY0012), but haven't had much luck. However, the error message combined with the table description seems to point to the LOBs as the culprit. If that's the problem, how do I move the LOBs (ideally without having to write a program to do it)? We'd like this to happen on the Oracle server and not have to round-trip the LOB-ular data back and forth, since it's rather large.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 11:29:06 CDT