Re: ORA-01536: space quota exceeded for tablespace

From: D <bbcrock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 May 2004 19:15:07 -0700

ha, hmmm... where do I start. Did I say I was a US government contractor? yuk yuk yuk. The reality is Daniel that I have the interest to solve the problem rather than put it on the back burner. You caught me though, I didn't explain jack.

I solved the problem... clients were using Access as a front end ad hoc qbe to Oracle 8.1.7 and the access app had some hidden insert statement that didn't identify column names and when I added a column it gave me false errors.

I removed the column, reset all the views and like magic the quota error went away.

strange but true. I am rebuilding their site with a web front end, thanks.

but in reality you DO understand that a DBA who gets paid under a certain amount of money isn't necessarily a good dba, right? It's all what the clients will bear and if the clients have an upper limit of $40 per hour, then who applies for these positions?

Don