Re: ORA-01031 Running dbca to create new database

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 06:09:40 +1000

Frank Chen wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> I am getting the following error while running dbca to create a new
> database:
>
> ORA-01031 insufficient privileges
>
> This error occurs while the dbca is in the "Copying data files..." step.
>
> The environment is Red Hat Linux ES 3.
>
> I am running dbca as the oracle user and all the permissions on the
> directories seem to have been set correctly.
>
> Your help would be much appreciated.
>
> Frank

Not really a whole lot of information to go on. I presume that you have patched to 9.2.0.4. Oracle 9i has a lot of trouble on RHAS3 unless you have done so.

If it is possible to re-install Oracle, you might want to get it right by looking at the www.dizwell.com installation instructions.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 15:09:40 CDT