Re: oracle 9.2.0.4.0 red hat 9

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:13:10 +1000

Robert C wrote:

> Hey Howard what you do with that beautiful pdf doc ???

That "beautiful pdf document" was about 8MB in size. It was being downloaded about 50 times a month. That's 1/5 of my monthly bandwidth for one document. It was never going to scale.

So it's been pulled.

And Dizwell Informatics won't take kindly to seeing copies of it springing up anywhere else, either. Just in case someone was going to offer.

Instead, specific instructions for quite a few distros are available on the site as html links, with or without pictures. DI hasn't had a bandwidth warning since they went up.

Eventually, when time permits, the other sections of the original paper (creating a database, networking, listener configuration, integrated things into your distro's startup/shutdown script structure) will have their own links to html pages.

So all the info will be there, but not as a monolithic download that craps the site out for everyone else.

Unfortunately, only the bare install instructions have been re-written for now. But give it time.

Of course, if you or someone you know is willing to donate 1GB of disk space quota and 20GB+ download bandwidth a month, I'm sure DI will be happy to re-instate it in all its PDF glory.

Regards
HJR