Re: Fast Update for a single field with Oracle 9

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:07:45 +0100

In article <857de1e3.0405190435.86dcbaf_at_posting.google.com>, Emanuel Blaser says...
> Hello,
>
> I have to Update a Field with null (for all Rows). Update seems to me
> a bit slow, is there any other way to do this?

You could drop the column and then add the column again. Sledgehammer to crack a nut though!

Why is the update slow - how mahy rows/how long does it take? How many times might you have to repeat this process and with what frequency?

--

jeremy