Efficiency of sqlldr

From: Nan <nandagopalj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2004 12:30:49 -0700

Hello -

I have 20 database tables. The table spaces are configured on different disks.
I have 10 Million rows of data for each table. (20 files with 10M rows each per table)

Load Option #1:

Use Oracle sqlldr (direct path) for all the 20 files with 10M rows of data each, into the respective table. One table is loaded after another.

Load Option #2:

Create batches of files, say 10,000 batches each with set of 20 files containng 1000 rows per file. Then I sqlldr the batches of files. One batch is processed after another. The 20 tables are populated in batches of 1000 rows each.

Inference:

Does option #1 or option #2 make difference in terms of the efficieny of the queries that will run on the tables once data is loaded ?

Which is more efficient ? I am looking at the performance of queries that run once the data is loaded through different options.. not necessarily the time it takes to load the data into the tables.

Thanks
Nan. Received on Wed May 19 2004 - 14:30:49 CDT