UTL_FILE to handle French characters

From: Max <xiangminyao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 May 2004 12:43:05 -0700

Hello everyone,

 I am trying to use UTL_FILE in one of my PL/SQL routines and everything
works perfectly except for one small thing : I am loosing all my accents
in French and any other languages using accents. E.g. ÃToronto in database, I got Ã\203Toronto in the data file.

 Anybody has any idea how to make this work? I have tried seting my NLS_LANG to a different value to make them appear but it won't work. COuld the problem be with UTL_FILE itself not handling 8-bits characters?

 Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Max Received on Tue May 25 2004 - 14:43:05 CDT