Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 28 May 2004 00:42:34 -0700

JEDIDIAH <jedi_at_nomad.mishnet> wrote in message news:<slrncbcgmd.p3c.jedi_at_nomad.mishnet>...

> >> Can someone explain to me how does
> >> "free software" get sold by its "vendors"?
>
> The same way that Sun Solaris, IBM AIX and Oracle 9i does.

Most definitely not.
And if you need a lengthy explanation to even understand the obvious impossibility, I'm sorry but you need some basics in linguistics. ANY language. Not just English.

You CANNOT be a seller of what is FREE. Period. No buts, no arguments, no semantics, no ANYTHING.

> This isn't the realm of (buy a widget and forget about it) consumer
> software where the only relationship you have through a vendor is
> that first time sale through CompUSA or BestBuy.

I'm afraid you are gravely mistaken about what IT is all about nowadays...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 02:42:34 CDT