Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 18:32:57 +1000

Howard J. Rogers allegedly said,on 29/05/2004 6:05 PM:

> It does. I showed you it does. Selling something doesn't *necessarily* imply
> the movement of cash

<sigh>
"Something" is NOT "free software". Software is a "good". "Selling a good" implies cash (or its equivalent) being traded, or so definition one (1) of all the dictionaries says. Good enough for me and I stop putting a spin on it right there.

> most people would be familiar (most IT people, anyway). That's all. This
> isn't about Linux. It's about language.

Good. So please, those who have invoked my "hatred" of Linux or even free software:
BUTT OUT!
> Imbecilic. Imbecile is a noun, and you are looking for the adjective.
> Especially since "This phrase" is already your noun.

Thanks for the correction. I should have used the secondary adjective. But can I use this for the time being:
http://www.yourdictionary.net/imbecile.html ? It appears it is also an adjective there... Given that you go all the way to option 6, can I use option 2 of the word? Would you like me to second-quote?
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=imbecile More?
http://www.bartleby.com/61/35/I0043500.html Shall I continue?

> You don't actually have a case, Noons, unless you can refute my declension
> of the phrase 'vendor of free software' with something other than
> mis-readings of it.

Refute? Let me see: you jump to a 5th (or 6th) alternative for definition of something that is perfectly defined in the first one: "selling of goods in exchange for cash or its equivalent"; and *I* am the one that has to refute anything? You gotta be kidding.

> <hit eject button>

<DING!>

--
Cheers