Re: database market share 2003

From: Mark A <ma_at_switchboard.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 16:03:50 -0600

> I've yet to run into a single instance of DB2 on Windows ... or for
> that matter DB2 on non-IBM hardware. Do they exist? Of course. But
> they are few and far between. And almost all in companies that have
> DB2 on an IBM platform already.
> --
> Daniel Morgan

This is complete nonsense. Unless you consider all IBM compatible PC servers to be IBM's (which of course is not the case).

DB2 UNIX runs on HP/UX and Sun Solaris. Many large companies run on these two non-IBM hardware platforms. I personally have used DB2 on Solaris quite a few time. Received on Sun May 30 2004 - 17:03:50 CDT