Re: Too bad performance of nested table insert operation

From: Min-Koo Seo <pool0078_at_hanmail.net>
Date: 30 May 2004 19:21:56 -0700

<snip>
> - About your regular commits. As Tom Kyte puts it, "Only commit when
> you really have to."
>
> Good luck on your research! This endeavour will yield more benefits if
> you read the available literature on Oracle. The official manuals, Tom
> Kyte's books, and even these forums. Well, I guess we're both on the
> right track participating in this and all. =)

</snip>

Thank you for your advice.

BTW, could you possibly why I have to commit when I really have to?

By commit at a regular basis, I can achieve some goals:

- I can see the progress of my application by using select comands.
- No *large* rollback segments are needed.
- If my application fails, I can continue the running of the
application from that point.

TIA. Minkoo Seo Received on Sun May 30 2004 - 21:21:56 CDT