object to relational mapping advice

From: sp <splash78kas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 May 2004 12:57:56 -0700

I needed some advice on database design. I have my object model ready and wante d to design a corresponding relational model.

I have 2 classes paarent & child

Class A
{

  int parent_id
  hashmap children // key = date_id , value = child object }

Class B
{

 int child_id
 int parent_id
 int date_id
}

There is a one-to-many mapping between parent and child classes.I am not sure of the constraints I need to put betn the correpsonding Tables A & B

TIA splash Received on Mon May 10 2004 - 14:57:56 CDT