Re: ORA-01031 Running dbca to create new database

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 22:32:49 GMT

Frank Chen wrote:

> Since I am new to the Linux world, can you provide me with further details
> as to how I might be able to check the various permissions and file
> ownerships to resolve this issue? For example, I have no idea what the
> "setuid bit set" means.

PLEASE go to the O'Reilly web site and look at the Linux books at http://linux.oreilly.com/

You really need an understanding of Unix/Linux to become moderately effective with Oracle on those platforms. I recommend "Linux for Non-Geeks" if you have no computer admin background, and "Learning Red Hat Enterprise Linux & Fedora" for the beginner (even for other distributions), For administrators who need to switch from other systems, "Essential System Administration" is the basic bible.

/Hans Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 17:32:49 CDT