Re: Why this query is sooo slow?!

From: JZ <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 May 2004 14:41:09 -0700

OK, let's make this more interesting.

What query/test/trace file do you need from Sybase and Oracle? I have all.

I am NOT a Sybase DBA. I just follow the installation and basic admin guide from Sybase web site, install it and create the database. Then I load the data from Oracle (spool from oracle and bcp in Sybase). Well, I get 45 secs from Sybase. I didn't even 'tune' anything on Sybase.

Could anyone explain to me? BTW, our query is NOT complicated at all! If anyone is interested, I also can provide the sample data, so you guys can try it out.

Of course I opened a TAR in metalink, like always I didn't get any help from oracle tech support. Their final 'help' is to let us hire Oracle consulting service, which I don't wanna waste sever grands a day.

Have a good weekend. Received on Fri May 28 2004 - 16:41:09 CDT